Who me? I don't need a nap!

Kieran decided he didn't need a nap this morning. Well, you can't make them eat and you can't make them sleep. But, you can put them in their little beds and wait it out, which is what I'm doing now. Kieran finally gave in and is totally out. Soren is still fighting it, but at least he's in his bed and quiet. That's all I ask. He will fall asleep soon... Hopefully. If he doesn't, he will go to bed early tonight. No big deal, right? Wrong! When you are a full-time parent, nap time is the only time you have to yourself. When you work a 14 hour day, you really need that hour or two just to think your own thoughts, read a book, write your blog or catch up on some laundry. 

Why do they hate naps?? I would give anything to be able to nap every day. I would love it if someone read me a story, sang me a song and tucked me in at 2:00 PM every day. Youth is wasted on the young. 

Naps are always tough when the baby has a bad night of sleep. Of course, those are the days when he needs them the most. Kieran was up at 2:30 this morning for some unknown reason. I changed him and put him back to bed, but he wasn't having it. My husband resorted to giving him a bottle, which finally did the trick, but he was still up for the day at 5:45. I am longing for the days when we all get good sleep every night. No one functions well when they only get 5 hours.

Oh, thank you, Universe! I just checked the video monitor and they are both asleep. Relief is washing over me and calm is beginning to set in. Deep breath. All is right with the world again.

Comments

Popular Posts