Parenting Isn't about Sacrifice

Beware of people who talk about the sacrifices they are making for their children. If you feel that you are sacrificing something for your children, then I'm very sorry for you, but I really feel sorry for your children. The concept of sacrifice in general is one that has been used throughout the ages, primarily by religion. It is the idea that we should give and get nothing in return. This is truly an evil concept. No one should ever give something and feel they have gotten nothing in return. When I give to my children, my husband, my extended family or my community it is because I DO get something in return. I get smart, happy kids who will, one day, be able to care for themselves. I get a great marriage. I get a better community. Altruism is a false and dangerous notion. It doesn't exist. Sacrifice shouldn't exist, either. It takes a lot of soul searching and rational thought to come to this conclusion, because 'sacrifice' is so ingrained in our culture and our religious beliefs. We have been indoctrinated with the idea that sacrifice is good. It isn't. It is the most evil thing that man has ever come up with. The only exception might be the idea of Original Sin, although I think it's a close second.

I told you several posts ago that my ideas are counter culture. Right now, you're probably getting angry. You may feel that I'm attacking something that is very important to you and very personal. You might feel sorry for me because I've 'lost my way'. Please don't. I haven't lost anything. I've found something. I've discovered how to think for myself. It was actually my husband who explained these ideas to me. He started about seven years ago and it has taken me every bit of that time to finally understand. I've read some Ayn Rand, which helped quite a bit. I highly recommend any and all of her books, if you want to see what's happening to our country and why. If you don't want to 'think', then just continue 'believing'.

It's hard to go against so many years of cultural indoctrination. I wasn't even raised with religion and I still had a difficult time. That's because these concepts don't just exist in religion. They exist in our public schools and in our government. Which came first, the religion or the government? That's an age old question, but religion and government are both used to control the uneducated masses. Now that more of us are educated, it's time to stop being controlled. Let's start thinking for ourselves instead of going by Blind Faith or Big Brother. This means we have to read, research, question and not ever stop questioning. We have to stop acting and thinking like sheep if we want to lead our families into a better future.

Comments

Popular Posts