Never fear, Super Soren is here!

Even on the worst morning, seeing Soren in his cape and mask can instantly put a smile on my face. We all need those triggers to help ourselves get happy.

I was beyond tired and cranky when Kieran woke me up at 4:30 this morning. Our neighbors are on vacation and have their TV on a timer. It goes on at 9:30 PM, 2:30 AM and 4:30 AM. It stays on for an hour and is set to the loudest possible volume. We can hear it in our house, with all windows closed and it has been waking the baby every time. They've been gone for almost two weeks.

If we were friends with our neighbors, this is when I would call or text them and ask if I could use the spare key to go in and turn it down. Unfortunately, we are not friends. I don't even know their names. We have lived in this house for five years and I don't know my neighbors.

Neighbors have never been very important to me. My husband and I have lived in downtown Cincinnati for seven years and I have lived in downtown Indianapolis and Dayton, too. We liked urban environments. We liked being able to walk everywhere. We liked the anonymity.

Having children has changed all of that. I still love city life, but I want some things that you can only find in the burbs. I want a yard for my boys. I want a street that they can ride their bikes on. I want a garage for our cars!

I want to know my neighbors. Not just so I can tell them to turn their TV down, but so I can have an actual relationship with other families. Maybe we will have to move before that can happen, but mark my words, it will happen!

Comments

Popular Posts