Happy Father's Day!!

Here is the finished art project that Soren and I made for my husband. I found the frame at a discount place for $45.00. The rest was just construction paper and finger paint. Here's the deal, people. I am in absolutely no way a crafty person. That being said, I remember making all kinds of things for my parents before I could afford to buy them anything. They were always appropriately thrilled. I spent an inordinate amount of time making special breakfasts, cakes with strangely colored frosting, creating games, writing poems and putting on recitals in the living room. It was fun and it really made my parents happy. (Kids know when you're faking.)

Now that Soren is old enough to want to make things, we are really getting into it.  Well, he did all the artwork. I just put it together in a frame. It was a lovely process and he could hardly wait until the unveiling this morning over breakfast.  My husband was very impressed, especially with the hand written card.  Soren copied 'Happy Father's Day, Dad!' without much help, and signed his name. 

I will never forget this Father's Day because it was the first one that Soren could really contribute to. And it is the first one with our Kieran! Great day! Now I have to finish getting ready for the arrival of the grandparents!  Short ribs are in the oven, the house is in order, the table is set and the baby is down for a nap!

Comments

Popular Posts