Purple Flower Soup?

That's what my son told my husband we were having for dinner.  It was actually purple cauliflower soup served with a chicken and mozzarella panini.  The soup is really easy.  I combined several recipes and improvised to get the following:

Saute a bunch of purple cauliflower in some olive oil.  Season with real sea salt.
Add some fresh garlic and 4 cups of chicken stock and simmer for 40 minutes.
Let it cool a bit and puree in a blender until totally smooth.
Put the puree back in the pot on low and finish with 1/2 cup of heavy cream.  Serve with goat cheese crumbles on top.

This is all there is left. It was a huge hit!


It was the first time we'd ever eaten lavender colored soup and I think my husband was a little hesitant.  However, once we tried it, we were in soup nirvana.  I served it in our good china bowls because something that pretty just needs to be eaten out of a pretty bowl.

I can't even begin to express the deep satisfaction that comes from preparing healthy, amazing, DELICIOUS food for my family.  I am making a solemn promise to myself not to go back to eating junk and 'convenience' food.   I buy whole, organic, fresh, unprocessed food as much as I can.  It really does make a difference.  It tastes better.  We feel better.  It's worth it.

Comments

Popular Posts