The Summer Solstice and the Splash Park

In just a few hours, I will meet one of my very best friends and her two boys at Parky's Wetland Adventure.  It is one of the coolest places in Cincinnati, as far as I'm concerned.  It's a splash park on steroids and the kids absolutely love it.  And, wait for it, it only costs $2.50, for kids 2-12.  I will spend $2.50 for several hours of splashtastic fun.  Sounds pretty good, right?

Soren and I went once last year.  I was pregnant and being out in the heat was not my favorite thing.  Okay, that is a gross understatement.  Being in the heat was like being in the fires of Hell, when I was pregnant.  Even when I'm not pregnant, I would rather not be hot.  I really only like it to be hot outside if I can get in the water.  Hence the splash park.  Soren loves the water and Kieran is already showing signs of being a water baby, too.  I'm going to put the boys in their matching bathing suits that my friend, Katie, gave us.  That's right.  Matching bathing suits!  I never think about buying them matching clothes.  In fact, most of  Kieran's clothes were Soren's first.  That's the cool thing about having two boys born at the same time of year!  However, these bathing suits are absolutely adorable and they will make for some fabulous photo ops!

Well, I better go start getting our picnic packed so that I'm not tempted to buy cheese coneys and french fries at the concession stand...  I may allow myself to have one bubbly fountain Coke, though.  Alas, they are one of my weaknesses.  I no longer buy any soda for the house, but when I'm out, nothing is better than an icy, cold, fountain Coke.  YUM!  Yes, I know how terrible it is for me, but drinking one Coke is better than smoking cigarettes and drinking beer, which is what I REALLY want to do on a summer day.  Therefore, I see the Coke as an improvement.  It's kind of like the drug addicts that start smoking in rehab.  They just need something that's a little bit bad to take the place of something horrible.  Smoking is better than crack or heroine.  Drinking one Coke is better than smoking cigarettes and drinking beer.  Ah, Rationalization, how I love you.

I will say that the more I do good things for my body, the less I want to do bad things.  The more active I am, the more active I want to be.  The better I eat, the more I want to eat even better.  Living well is really what it's all about.  Maybe I'll skip that Coke after all...

What will you do to celebrate the first day of Summer?  Whatever you choose, I hope you enjoy it with people you love.  I know I will!




Comments

Popular Posts