What Do You Do?

Doing is good.  Action leads to productivity.  What do you do?  I don't want you to think about your job title.  I don't want you to think about the roles that other people assign to you.  I want to know about the activities that fill your days.

I'll tell you what I do:

I eat healthy food and pay attention to how much I'm eating.
I exercise regularly.
I go to sleep at 10:00 PM.
I wake up when I'm ready.
I care for my children.
I teach.
I write a blog.
I write screen plays.
I write poetry.
I take care of our home.
I cook.
I help my husband.

Notice, I didn't say, 'I want to do or be something.'  I've changed the wording to an active voice.  That helps me focus on action, rather than dreams and wishes.  I truly am doing all of those things.  However, if there was something I wanted to do, but was not currently doing it, I could still put it on the list, and then plan for how I'm going to start actively doing it.

Each of these things have more goals, plans and deadlines associated with them. For example:

  1. I write screenplays:
    1. I will finish Act II of the screen play by the end of next week.  
    2. I will finish Act III by the end of the following week.  
If we don't set attainable goals, then we won't accomplish them.  I've done a lot of that in my life, but I've also been successful in some areas.  The things that I've executed well began with a wish, then became a goal.  Then I made a plan for achieving the goal.  The next step is to create deadlines and quantifiable assessment.


The time for action is NOW!  Let's get to work!

Comments

Popular Posts