Who Inspires You?

The word 'inspiration' is thrown around quite a bit.  What does it mean to you?  To me, inspiration comes from people, music, literature and lots of other places.  Inspiration helps people to make changes, learn and grow.

Today, my inspiration comes from several people.  My boys always inspire me.  They woke up right after I did and came down to snuggle with me and chat about the things they're thinking about.  That's always a nice way to start the day.

My next inspiration came from my friend, Holly. She met me at the gym at 8:00 AM and confessed that she didn't really want to be there, but that she saw my text and got herself out of bed.  So, I was inspired because she told me that I inspired her!  That was validating, especially when it comes to working out.  I don't often want to.  I'm not usually the first person to suggest it, but today I literally couldn't wait to get to the gym!  I know!  Crazy!  It felt good.  We walked for 45 minutes and talked the entire time, except when we couldn't breathe enough to talk.

When I got home, sweaty and tired, my husband was on his way out the door.  The boys were occupied in the basement, so I decided to practice flute and piano.  I played for a long time.  When my husband came home, he heard me playing.  He stood in the front hall of our house, watching me in the piano room.

When I finished he said, 'You have no idea how happy it makes me to see you playing again.  You're working on your screenplay.  You're writing your blog.  You're teaching school.  You're working out and you're still doing laundry, cooking dinner and getting the shopping done.  I'm so proud of you, Elise.'

That was inspirational.  That was the best part of my day, so far.

Comments

Popular Posts