Meditation, Mindfulness, Prayer and Other Synonyms

Throughout time, human beings have searched for greater understanding.  We want to know where we came from, why we're here and what happens when we aren't here anymore.  We pray, meditate, study and search.  I've tried all of them.  I still use some of them.

We look within to find the answers.  Sometimes we look outside of ourselves to other people and resources.  The point is that we look.  We need something that is a bit intangible.  We love mysteries, but we want to solve them.

Children are a great reminder that there are still mysteries in the world.  When your child asks you where humans came from or how the universe got started, it's a great day.  When they continue to ask those questions, because you don't have all the answers, it's humbling.

We use science to try to find the answers.  But, there are many questions that scientists cannot answer.  That's okay.  We're working on more answers all the time.  We can strive for knowledge and accept that we may never get it.  I can, at least.  I'm okay with some mysteries.  I don't have to have it all figured out.

My children know that I don't know everything.  I'm not supposed to.  It's good for them to see that there are more things in Heaven and Earth.  The world opens up when we acknowledge that fact.  The universe becomes a place of wonder and endless possibilities.  That's where I want to live.


Comments

Popular Posts