Tell Your Body Not to Be Nervous

When Kieran and I woke this morning, we came downstairs very quietly because it was only 5:00 AM.  We went into the guest room because he'd wet the bed and his sheets and comforter were already in the washing machine.  I didn't feel like making the bed right away, so I told him we could snuggle in the guest room.  He said he wasn't ready to wake up because he was feeling cranky.

That's new.  Kieran doesn't usually ask for sleep, but I've been trying to be less controlling about it.  So, if he wakes up at 5:00, I just remind him that other people are still sleeping and we need to be quiet.  We went into the guest room and snuggled under the covers.

He fell asleep for a minute.  I closed my eyes, but knew I was awake for the day.  I felt his little body relaxing and stirring.  Then, he opened his eyes.  He looked at me, patted my face and said he loves me.  I said I was awake and didn't think I could sleep anymore.  He said, 'That's okay, we can just snuggle for a little while.'

So, we did.  Eventually, I said, 'You know, my doctor wants me to have a procedure that I'm nervous about, but it will make me feel much better.'

Kieran looked into my soul and said, 'Well, you shouldn't be nervous, my love.  Just tell your body not to be nervous because the doctor will make it feel so much better.'

From the mouths of babes.

Comments

Popular Posts