Day 24 of Hottie Body Fitzness Challenge

My dad (and Stephen Covey) like to say that it takes about three weeks (21 days) to form a new habit.  I believe that to be partially true.  It does get easier to do a new things, after you've been doing them for several weeks.  Your body knows what to expect.  Your brain is reprogrammed to expect the new things.  However, it does not mean that you can put yourself on autopilot after three weeks.  You still have to work, especially if the new habit is a very radical change for you.

You have to set up a very clear plan about goals and the necessary actions that go with them.  You have to give yourself deadlines.  You have to put it on your calendar and block off time for the new thing that is important to you.  Otherwise, one 'bad' day can turn into two.  Two bad days become a week.  A week of bad days becomes a month.  It's a slippery slope.

To that end, I decided to take each day as the challenge that it is.  I didn't think about three weeks, three months or even one year.  I just went day by day, hour by hour and minute by minute.

I took, and published my before pictures.  Yes, that's me, on the left.  I don't like it.  I don't want to be in that body anymore.  I don't want my belly and legs to be that big.  I want to be healthy, slim and strong.  So, I tracked my food.  I published my food diary, even when I was embarrassed because I didn't stay within my caloric budget.  I exercised at least three or four times per week.  I put it on my calendar and worked out with a friend.  (Shout out to Holly!)

I made myself accountable to the Hottie Body Fitzness Challenge, even when I didn't think I could do all the exercises she assigned.  I modified.  I did something else.  The point was, I made myself do something.

Then, a funny thing happened.  It happened right at day 21.  I started looking forward to working out.  I started looking for my phone because I couldn't wait to see how my hottie friends were doing.  I couldn't wait to tell them about my progress.  That's how amazing this online group is.  It's free.  It's supportive and I truly feel like they are my friends.  They don't judge.  They motivate.  I'm in this for the long haul now.  No more yo-yo diets.  No more falling off the wagon.  The habit has been formed!  Let's get to work! Here's the link to the Hottie Body Fitzness Challenge.  Check it out, people!  www.fitzness.com

Comments

  1. I love everything about this blog post! It's so absolutely true! I log my food regardless, but it all out there, the good the bad and the ugly. This group is like no other. <3 (and I can't wait to see you tonight virtually... For a minute or two) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback. It's so nice to know that I'm not alone on this journey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts