Feeling Peaceful

I woke up before 5:00 this morning.  Seven hours of sleep is enough.  I feel much better today.  Yesterday was tough.  My older son got sick in the morning.  He threw up and had other yucky issues.  It's so hard to see a little boy in pain.  I did all the 'mom' things that we do to help our little ones.  I put a cold cloth on his forehead.  I cleaned him up and tucked him into bed.  I gave him fluids and rubbed essential oils on his feet, tummy and back.  I made him tea and toast, when he was ready to eat and drink again.  I checked on him every 20 minutes.  I comforted him.

Then, I did laundry, cleaned the bathrooms and tried to focus on my younger son.  He was having a sympathy tummy ache.  He wanted to sit on the couch, with a bowl, just in case.  He never did get sick, but you gotta give them the benefit of the doubt when they say they might barf.  So, he sat there with his bowl and watched Sesame Street.

I did more laundry.  Then I changed beds.  Kieran had wet the bed, again.  I told him that I need him to start wearing pull-ups again at night.  He really doesn't like that idea, but I explained that changing his bed every single night is just not working for me.  I do two extra loads of laundry every day, simply because of this issue.  I explained that he isn't being punished.  I know he can't control this and that he would if he could.  He's only four.  He's been in a major growth spurt and he's been sick for a week (just a cold).  So, for all those reasons, his little body isn't able to wake up enough to get him to the bathroom.  I've cleaned the carpet, twice.  I've had to clean the mattress because we didn't have the right bed pad on.  It's just too much.

He finally understood.  He wore a pull-up last night.  Then, at 4:45, I heard him get up and go to the potty.  Maybe we're turning a corner.  I hope so, because the boys go to my parents house today.  They will stay there for five days after I have my hysterectomy tomorrow.

So, that's why I'm feeling better about everything.  The boys aren't sick and I get to have my surgery, as scheduled.  Yes, I'm looking forward to having a hysterectomy.  It means that I will no longer bleed for two weeks (or more) out of every single month.  I will not have the horrible pain that goes with it.  It's over, uterus!  You're evicted!

Now, there are other concerns, as there are with any major surgery.  I'm nervous about anesthesia.  That's really what bothers me most.  I hate the idea of going under.  I have a living will and medical power of attorney (GROSS) but it still worries me to be under the control of someone else.  Still, I've handled anesthesia fine in the past, aside from the fact that it makes me nauseated and feels yucky coming out.

So, I've come to a place of peace and acceptance.  My work is done.  The plan is in motion.  Now, all I have to do is follow it.  That's a good feeling.  I'm prepared.  The boys will have an amazing adventure with my parents.  My mom and dad have planned all kinds of fun things for them to do together.  I will send lots of educational activities, as well as every other thing they could possibly need.

I'm feeling peaceful.  Are you feeling peaceful today?  If not, have you done your work?  Have you made a plan to get yourself to a better place?  Do that.  It will bring you to that peaceful place.  Take care of yourself and your responsibilities.  It gets easier when you do.

Comments

Popular Posts