The Family Business and the Business of Family

Lately I've been pretty focused on political philosophy.  It's time to get back to the good stuff.  I'm going to unplug myself from Facebook and Twitter, after I hide some of my 'friends' from my news feed.  That's the cool thing about social media.  You can engage as much or as little as you choose.  You are in control of the information you give and receive.  I'm choosing to do neither and focus on what really matters.

My baby is napping right now and the big boy is running errands with my husband.  Bunbury starts this Friday and Bill has been working all weekend to get ready.  I was surprised when he offered to take Soren with him this morning, but Soren was beyond excited.  They're going to a meeting at the event site, then the hardware store, Target and a couple other places.  Bill wants our boys to understand every aspect of his two companies.  Even if Soren and Kieran do not choose to work for Bunbury or Globili when they grow up, they will have learned every aspect of running a small business.  And they will be learning from the man they love and respect most in this world.  After all, these businesses will be their legacies.

My husband takes education very seriously and, even though I will be the boys' primary teacher, he will be a close second.  The life lessons our boys will learn from their dad will be invaluable.  Boys need the male role model.  They need to see, first-hand, how to be good men.  Can they get this example from other men in their lives if Dad isn't available?  Sure.  There are grandfathers, uncles, teachers, coaches, etc., but no one can ever replace DAD.



Comments

Popular Posts