Anticipation!

Bunbury is finally here!  The gates open in just a few hours and I honestly don't know if I can take the anticipation.  I haven't been this excited/nervous/happy/anxious since the morning before I got married.  Seriously.

I think there are a lot of reasons for this, but the biggest one is this:  When your spouse is an entrepreneur, the entire family is more invested in his job than they would be if he had a 'regular' job.  I feel like I'm part of Bunbury, rather than just being a supportive spouse.  Not that being a supportive spouse isn't a good thing. It is!  But, when someone owns their own business, the stakes get higher.

I know that my husband feels like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders this morning.  There are a lot of people counting on him and depending on the success of this festival.  I think I would crumble under that kind of pressure.  I'm not cut out to own a business.  I can't even comprehend everything that goes into starting a company, getting investors, planning every detail, hiring the right people, etc., etc., etc.  We talk about it all the time, but I still have no idea how he does it.  My heart rate goes up just thinking about it.

Bill, on the other hand, was cool as a cucumber when he left this morning at 5:45.  He has everything under control, the weather is beautiful, ticket sales are already very good and there's no reason not to expect a great weekend.  I'm in awe.  Absolute awe.

My son, Soren, knows we're going to Bunbury this weekend.  I still don't think he grasps that this is his dad's festival.  He knows that Bill is playing in one of the bands tomorrow, and that's pretty much the extent of Soren's comprehension. He doesn't know what it means to 'own' a business, or produce a festival.  He just knows that Daddy works very hard and is a great drummer!  That's all he needs to know right now.  He's secure and safe and has everything he needs.

Thank you, Bill.  We're all behind you today, and every day.


Comments

Popular Posts