Disclaimer

I realize that I can come off pretty sanctimonious at times. I may sound like I think I have all the answers and that I've found the one right way to manage family life. I don't have all the answers. I am discovering one good way to have a family. There are many good ways and there are lots and lots of answers. My experiences to date have been all about trial and error, research and experimentation. The last seven years of my life have been the best I've ever had. It's no coincidence that I moved in with my husband 7 years ago. He wasn't my husband at that point, but we knew we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. The rings on my finger and our wedding were mere formalities, as far as we were concerned. I love that we share the same name and that our children know that we are committed to each other, but I truly think we would be together regardless. This may seem a bit counter to some of my other ideas, but it really isn't. Many of my values seem contradictory in our society, but they are not. For example, I am pro life, but I am also a supporter of gay marriage. I want our government to only uphold the constitution and protect our individual rights, but I'm not a Christian. I don't participate in any religion, but I have a very strong moral code. I'm sure you can see that I face quite a dilemma when choosing a political candidate. I consider myself independent and do not associate with any political party simply because there aren't any parties that reflect my values and desires for our government. I love my country. I hate our current government. I love learning, but I hate our education system. I want our government to get out of my way. I want to be left alone. I don't want to be responsible for anyone but myself and my family. I don't think our government should be able to steal from me in order to give to anyone else. So, there's a little more personal information about me. Thoughts?

Comments

Popular Posts