My Purpose

I began writing at a very early age. I wrote daily and with purpose in a journal given to me by my mother when I was eight years old. It was one of the best and most important gifts I have ever received. Even then, my purpose was clear. I was writing a journal. I was writing letters to myself so that I would not forget what it felt like to be a child. I wanted to remember because I hoped it would make me a good mother. At eight years old, this was my purpose. My first entry in my first journal begins, "When I get older, I will tell my little people to just be themselves and nothing more." I have been thinking about and preparing for motherhood my entire life. That being said, nothing can truly prepare you for this journey, this labor of love. I knew, even then, that being a good mother meant falling in love with the right man, marrying him and deciding to create a family. I knew that because my parents did exactly that, as did their parents and their parents' parents, etc. I know where I come from. I know where I want to go. My hope is that this blog will help new and growing families. Perhaps it will bring comfort. Maybe it will be informative. You might even laugh. At the very least, please know that you are not alone.

Comments

Popular Posts