Creating a Family: Step 3

Make or procure your baby using your agreed upon method. I won't go into the details on this one. However you should discuss how and when this will happen way before you walk down the aisle. Are you going to wait a few years? Get started right away? Leave it up to fate? Use fertility drugs if needed? There are so many options. The two of you just need to know which ones you are willing to entertain. For example, I wanted to get pregnant and carry my own babies more than I have ever wanted anything on this planet, with the exception of the desire to marry my husband. Luckily, we were able to conceive without any problems with both of my sons. However, we also discussed ahead of time what would happen if we couldn't get pregnant on our own. I was willing to get some help, but I drew the line at invasive procedures. That being said, I didn't have to go through the pain and heartbreak of infertility. Perhaps I would have changed my mind and done anything I could to be able to carry my own baby. We will never know. My point is that the couple has to decide how it will work and when. I have seen so many marriages collapse under the weight snd stress of this very important issue and it was usually because expectations were not voiced or met.

Comments

Popular Posts