Being a Family

If you have completed the three steps mentioned previously, you now have at least one baby! Congratulations! This is where life starts to get really interesting. On any given day you can experience tremendous joy, the likes of which you have never know. On that same day, however, you can also feel that you are on the brink of total despair. This is NORMAL. You are probably not bipolar, unless you were diagnosed prior to becomming a parent. You are exhausted. As my dad would say, 'Exhaustion makes cowards of us all.' It's true. In the beginning, especially if you are a nursing mom, you will only sleep for maybe an hour or two at a time. They will tell you to sleep when the baby sleeps. You can only do that if you are staying home and this is your first child. Once you add that second baby, all bets are off. My second baby is eight months old. I now feel human again. My energy is finally back and my brain is functioning well enough to write. I am already starting to forget the difficult parts of parenting an infant. That's how they get us! We are designed to forget pain so that we will continue to make more babies. We are finished. My husband and I have decided that we will stay a family of four. We are complete!

Comments

Popular Posts