Red Wine and Creative Outlets

A lot of writers talk about how their best writing sometimes happens when they are under tremendous stress and/or have been drinking.  Well, I can check both of those off the list tonight, so here goes.

My stress level is high because of the stalking incidents I mentioned in my previous post.  It's 9:45 pm, my children are asleep and my husband is at home, working in his office.  I'm not worried about our safety.  I just saw the police drive by a few minutes ago.  They assured me that they would be driving around our area a lot tonight.  That definitely makes me feel better.  Really.

So, why do I still feel like I'm holding my breath?  I literally just had to make myself exhale and then inhale slowly.  I'm drinking a nice cab and I'm TRYING to relax.  Honestly, it would be difficult to relax this week, even without the creepy guy who's been trying to harass my family.  Bunbury just ended.  Buckle Up starts in four days.  I would be excited and nervous and anxious, regardless.  However, this bullshit just adds to the swirling insanity of emotions.

I'm furious.  I'm seething with a deep, personal hatred for this asshole who dared to push his way into our lives.  I know that hatred doesn't get anyone anywhere, but the feeling is there.  My husband and my boys are, quite literally, my entire life.  When someone messes with us, I want to retaliate.  I am the mother bear, awakened from a peaceful sleep by the scent of DANGER.

The 'fight or flight' response is coursing through my veins.  Call it adrenalin, call it love, or call it the maternal instinct, it is here.  It isn't going away.  I'm trying to channel it into something productive.  I'm trying to give it a voice and make it mean something.  I'm trying to learn something from a difficult situation.

If we can manage to learn, even in the midst of the most challenging and stressful times, then we are successful.  We are human.  We will face enemies, challenges, stress, change, happiness and peace.  I'm ready to get back to the happiness and peace, but I am also willing to fight my enemies.  I don't enjoy having enemies, but the silver lining is that I know how many friends I have.  I know by the comments my readers have made.  I know by the texts and phone calls I've received.  Thank you.  Thank you so much for supporting my family during this bizarre and awful experience.

I'm going to the court house tomorrow to file the application for a protection order against the 'crazy old man'.  After that, I will have done everything within my legal power.  After that, it will be up to a judge to set a court date.  Then, it will be up to my husband and I to present a rational, logical, evidence based case.  We are lucky to have a couple good friends who just happen to be attorneys.   I've never done anything like this before, but I'm ready and willing.  Wish me luck.  Send us your good vibes.  Say your prayers.  Think good thoughts.  I'll take it all and appreciate it.  Good night and stay safe, everybody.

Comments

Popular Posts