Mom's School!!

Soren asked me to write this post.  He is my four year old son.  He wants me to start my own school.  He wants the school to be just for him and his brother.  I have to admit, this idea came from the fact that I told him about my desire to homeschool.

In my school, Soren wants to have:

Trampolines
Overhead ladders (monkey bars)
Scooters
Bikes

The classroom should have whatever we want.  When I asked him to clarify and tell me about the specific things we need he said:

There will be toys.  
There will be work.  
Rockets.  
Books about rockets.  
Remote control rockets.  
Math things from the school box.  
Learn to read with Rocket Books.  (Are you seeing the rocket trend here?)

He says we already have everything we need for our school.  We have paper, pencils, markers, crayons, paint, sewing things, kid scissors, blocks, counting stuff and letters.  He said we might need to go to the store to buy a few things (including the remote control rocket - with parachute).   This rocket keeps getting more complicated.

I'm very pleased that he's thinking about this so much and that he's excited to do more learning with me at home.  I'm also thrilled that we'll be able to go on field trips whenever we like.  We can use so many FREE resources that are available to us in our area.  This is going to be fun!

 



Comments

Popular Posts