Back to School!

We've been on vacation for the last couple weeks, which was lovely and relaxing.  We had so many learning opportunities that we were able to take advantage of, so I don't feel that my boys need to 'catch up' with their school work, but I am excited to get back to our classroom this morning.  While we were gone, we got a package with all of our new Montessori materials.  I've already opened them and placed them in the classroom.  Soren and Kieran will be so happy to see new work.  I have to get busy studying my presentations for these works, as they are a bit more complicated than anything we've done thus far.  There are puzzles, a bank game, the binomial and trinomial cubes, sandpaper letters and more!  The cubes are the ones I'm going to have to work on before I can demonstrate them to the boys.  They're really challenging.  My husband and I tried to put the trinomial cube together and struggled, so I really need to figure out how to show the boys.  I love that some of these works are even challenging for us.  We're truly learning together, side by side.   I'm not the one with all the answers, and I don't have to be.  I'm not supposed to know everything.  No one can know everything.

There's just so much to teach and so much to learn in our lifetime.  I think our children are so fortunate to be growing up right now.  Information is so easily accessible.  Anything that is known by humanity, or has ever been known, is at our fingertips.  There are truly no limits.  That's the heart of what I want to share with them.  I want them to hunger for knowledge.  I want to feed their curiosity, while teaching them to feed themselves.  If I can accomplish that, I've done my job.  After that, it's up to them to decide what they want to learn and what they want to accomplish with that knowledge.  Soren still wants to be Iron Man.

So far, so good!  And, now I hear my boys stirring.  It's 6:00 am, and time for us to start our day.

Comments

Popular Posts