Preparing for Good Things!

It's cold outside this morning.  Everyone at my house is still asleep, except for me.  I have my coffee, my computer, a big blanket and the quiet peace that comes with early morning.  I love it.  As I look around the room, I see all of our Halloween decorations and realize that the holidays are quickly approaching!  

This is my favorite.  Halloween marks the beginning of the best season.  We have Thanksgiving at our house.  There will be at least 25 people, as usual.  It's become a tradition and this will be our fourth year hosting.  There are new babies in the family.  There will be music and laughter and lots of yummy food.  It's the best.

My older son's birthday is right after Thanksgiving.  I remember going into labor and missing Thanksgiving dinner at my in-laws' house.  They brought food over.  Amazing.  Then comes Christmas and VACATION.

Life doesn't become normal again until the middle of January, when we have to come back to Ohio from sunny Florida.  Florida has become a tradition, too.  My in-laws have a condo down there and they encourage family members to use it whenever we can.  So, we do!  We'll get to see my sister and her family on the way down and have a late Christmas with them.  

There are so many things to prepare for, which is really energizing.  My parents always said that it's good to have things to look forward to.  The work goes much faster when we're getting ready for parties, holidays and trips.  

Speaking of which, my husband and I are going on a mini-vacation tomorrow.  I can't wait to get in the car with him and be a couple without kids for a few days.  We need it.  We've been married ten years and we don't get a lot of uninterrupted time together.  It's so crucial to our marriage that we have it.  I need to be able to tell him all the stuff I can't say around the kids.  I need to know that he still wants to be with only me.  I need to tell him how much I love him and that he's still my favorite person on the planet!

The kids will be with my parents.  That's their vacation.  My mom and dad will take them to fun places, teach them new things and just be the awesome grandparents that they are.  It's a win/win.

No work, no kids, no interruptions.  In about 24 hours, we'll be there.  Let the countdown begin!

Comments

Popular Posts