A New Student!

I invited my niece and her little boys to join us for our homeschool time today. Her older son is three and the baby is three months.  I wasn't sure how it would go, but I was optimistic. It turns out that I had every reason to be.

The boys did very well. Soren worked pretty independently today, so that I could focus on his cousin. Kieran still needs more input, but he generally worked on his own.  This gave me plenty of time to show my great nephew (what!?) how we do things.  He seemed to really enjoy many of the activities and took coaching and guidance very well.  He is definitely ready for the Montessori environment. 

At the the end of class, we all had lunch together and the boys played in the backyard. My niece and I chatted about the morning and we both agreed we would like to make this a regular thing. So, as of today, we have another student on Thursdays! 

This just keeps getting better!

Comments

Popular Posts